Copyright © 2017 Lumina Media, LLC, All rights Reserved.
Yes you can enjoy delicious cupcakes with your dog — they’re surprisingly simple to whip up.
Have a furry birthday coming up? A fresh approach to a doggie dessert, these pupcakes are packed with wholesome ingredients and oh-so-easy to make!
1 Cup Grated Carrot
1 and ½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour
¼ Cup Rolled Oats
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
¼ Cup Applesauce
2 Free-Range Eggs (Beaten)
½ Cup Low Fat Cream Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 175 C / 350 F. Lightly grease a regular 6 cupcake tin.
2. Combine grated carrot, beaten eggs, and applesauce in a medium bowl.
3. Combine flour, oats, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients to form a thick batter.
5. Spoon the mixture evenly into the cupcake tin, ensuring they are filled, as the mixture will not rise. Place in the oven.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
7. Once cooled, ice with small amount of cream cheese and carrot shavings and serve.
Makes 6 cupcakes.
HANDY HINT: Have a smaller sized pooch? Try mini muffin tins for bite sized pupcakes.
The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes or new additions to your dog’s diet.
Serena is a writer, television producer, and animal lover based in Sydney, Australia. She edits Pretty Fluffy, a site where dedicated animal lovers can find stylish products, modern advice, DIYs, and inspiration for living well with their pets.
Creating a profile and avatar
takes just a minute and is a great way to participate in Lucky Puppy community of people who are passionate about animals.