Copyright © 2017 Lumina Media, LLC, All rights Reserved.
Please select a featured image for your post
Unsure about adopting a senior pet? Here are eight benefits to consider.
Senior animals are often overlooked in animal shelters, but here are 8 fantastic reasons you shouldn’t pass them by!
1. Senior pets generally have had some training, both in obedience and house manners.
2. Senior pets are less destructive.
3. Older dogs have been socialized and know what it takes to be part of a pack.
4. Senior pets are grateful for a second chance.
5. Senior pets are great company for older or less active people.
6. Older cats will be less rambunctious than kittens, who are frequently active, curious and into everything.
7. Senior animals are a known commodity so you know what you’re getting in terms of size, shape and personality.
8. Adopting an older pet makes a statement about compassion and the value of all life at all ages.
Photo credit: Senior dog image via Shutterstock.
Meredith Wargo is an award-winning freelance writer in Houston.
You must be logged in to post a comment.